Licensed Chaplain Minister Role Program
The Licensed Chaplain Minister is a clergy role with an 18-credit of ministry training and six mini-courses. This training program gives you the necessary skills to serve as a licensed ministry Chaplain. The Licensed Chaplain Minister is licensed as a clergy member equipped for the duties of a licensed minister and the duties of a ministry chaplain, including doing weddings and funerals.
The Licensed Chaplain Minister credential is for those who serve as volunteer or part-time Chaplain ministers. Maybe you are a non-licensed minister in a church or ministry, and you believe a licensed clergy status will help you serve better. Perhaps you are testing the ministry waters out, and this program will launch you for even more study of ministry on your way to ordained clergy roles with the Christian Leaders Alliance.
You will need two recommendations concerning your character and calling for this clergy role.
The Christian Leaders Alliance will recognize you as a licensed clergy member, and your profile will be on the Christian Leaders Alliance website. This credential qualifies you to serve as a ministry chaplain.
This program adds a three-credit Introduction fo Chaplaincy course. This clergy status is designed especially for volunteer chaplains at prisons, hospitals, businesses, police, or fire departments. You will be licensed for the following roles:
- Ministry Chaplaincy
- Baptisms and Dedications
- The Lord’s Supper
- Professions of Faith
- Confessions of Sin
- Forgiveness Prayers and Ceremonies
- Anointing Ceremonies
- Care Facilities Visits
- Spiritual Warfare
- Master of Ceremony Events
- This program has actual Christian leader training. Most online licensing or ordination websites for clergy just send you a piece of paper that says you are now clergy.
- When you complete this program of study and complete the certification course, you will be awarded your licensed credentials that will be posted by the Christian Leaders Institute global graduate directory. The training is free, and the actual posting of the licensed credential is free. The generosity of vision partners supports both.
- Government officials can look up your name as a licensed clergy member.
- You are introduced to the world of ministry training and may discern whether you want to continue with more training and credential levels.
- As you complete this course, you will be permitted to order one of three clergy credential packages. Check here for more details.
1. Submit two recommendations.
2. Update your profile to communicate your story and your passion for being a Licensed Chaplain Minister
3. Indicate your willingness to submit your story and passion for possible posting on the Christian Leaders Alliance website. This submission helps us reach more Christian leaders looking for this generosity-driven free training.
Activity One: Submit your Recomendations
The Licensed Chaplain Minister is a ministry clergy status at Christian Leaders Alliance. While we can observe your academic readiness for becoming a Licensed Chaplain Minister, we need to have your calling confirmed by those who know you. We ask for at least two endorsements.
You must obtain an endorsement from someone who has observed your Christian character. It can be from:
- A ministry leader or a Mentor Minister
- Your spouse or a friend if unmarried
- A non-family member that knows you and respects you.
These two endorsements are essential for your credibility as a Licensed Chaplain Minister.Update: Please enroll in the Endorsement Level Class (click here) to submit these assignments. Once you complete the assignment in that course, you will receive the checkmark needed on your Guidance and Credential Panel. You will only need to complete the second assignment in this course, where you will upload both your endorsements at once.
- A ministry leader or a Mentor Minister
Activity Two: Update Your Profile
Your student profile will become your publically posted clergy profile at the Christian Leaders Alliance Directory. Your well-written profile communicates your competency and confidence as a clergy member. Please upload a quality picture as well. As a licensed chaplain minister, government officials, Care Facility Officials, other ministers, or parishioners will potentially look you up to confirm that you are licensed clergy.
Your profile will be assessed when your recommendation is evaluated and given a pass/fail grade. Please proofread your profile.
Sample of a profile:
Activity Three: Post Your Story for Possible Publication
Share your story. We regularly publish Licensed Chaplain Minister stories. If your submission is selected, an editor will keyword the story, so it gets noticed by Google and other search engines. You will reach others who are looking for free training and licensed clergy opportunities. When you write your story, include the following elements:
1. Please share with us how becoming a Licensed Chaplain Minister will help you.
2. Why are you pursuing becoming a Licensed Chaplain Minister?
3. Share the spiritual journey that brought you to this desire to serve others.
4. Does this program encourage you to do more training at Christian Leaders Institute? If so, what interests you?
5. How has this free ministry training and Licensed Chaplain Minister course been formative?Post your updated story and upload a high-quality picture of yourself (if you have a security risk or a reason not to, simply move on to the final course confirmation quiz).