Prayer (3 credits)
Instructors: Edwin Roels and David Feddes
CLA Volunteer Teacher Assistant: Munsamy Govender (Pastor Brian)
Overview: This course explores what the Bible reveals about prayer and answers many questions about prayer. Students will grow in interacting with God, praying passionately and powerfully, seeking God's guidance, and training for godliness.
- Understand, value, and practice prayer as a relational conversation with God.
- Know biblical examples and teachings about prayer and fasting as an aid to prayer.
- Know and practice the main types of prayer: praise, confession, thanksgiving, supplication, and intercession.
- Understand how to seek God’s guidance and be led by the Holy Spirit.
- Understand, value, and practice spiritual disciplines as training for godliness.
- Read the online articles for each unit.
- Listen to online video lectures. Slides or a corresponding article for each video are posted to aid your study.
- Use the discussion forum to ask questions and exchange ideas with others.
- Take the online quiz for each unit. You will have 75 minutes to answer 20 multiple-choice questions for each quiz. Once a quiz starts, you must finish it and can't retake it. So be ready ahead of time. Each quiz covers readings and video lectures for that unit. While taking the quiz, you may use your notes and refer to articles and other materials. Tip: First, answer all the questions you know. Then try to look up answers to questions you don't know. When you have entered an answer for every question, submit the quiz for grading before the 75-minute limit.
A 95-100% A- 90-94% B+ 87-89% B 83-86% B- 80-82% C+ 77-79% C 73-76% C- 70-72% D+ 67-69% D 63-66% D- 60-62% F 0-59%
Your average for the course must be at least 60%. Otherwise, you will fail the class and will receive no credit.
Deadline: You have 180 days to finish the course. Complete all assignments before the final deadline, or you will be automatically unenrolled, and all coursework will be removed. You will have to start over and take the class again to receive credit.
Course Forum: Each course forum is at the beginning of the course, right before the first-course content section, and has comments and questions from other students in the class. The forum is a great way to post a question or comment for other students who are currently enrolled in the course to see. Additionally, you can search the forum to see if anyone in the past has addressed or discussed the issue, question, or comment you wanted to post about.
Accessibility: This course has transcripts for all videos.
Day 1 - 10
Unit 1: The Blessing of Prayer
Day 11 - 20
Unit 2: Questions About Prayer
Day 21 - 30
Unit 3: Answers to Prayer
Day 31 - 40
Unit 4: The Pursuit of God
Day 41 - 50
Unit 5: When God Says No
Day 51 - 60
Unit 6: Prayers of Praise
Day 61 - 70
Unit 7: Prayers of Confession
Day 71 - 80
Unit 8: Prayers of Thanksgiving
Day 81 - 90
Do you have a Prayer Request? Click here if you or someone you know needs to be lifted up in prayer!
Unit 9: Supplication and Intercession
Day 91 - 100
Unit 10: Pray Without Ceasing
Day 101 - 110
Unit 11: Seeking God's Guidance
Day 111 - 120
As you complete this tuition-free course, let's pray for and thank the Vision Partners! Their sacrificial giving supports these tuition-free courses so that those will little or no extra resources can access high-quality ministry training.
If you are interested in becoming a Vision Partner, Click here. Find out about the benefits of giving!
Unit 12: Training for Godliness
Do You Want to Participate in Helping to Offer Free Ministry Training Everywhere?
- Pray for more open doors, protection from attack, and the resources needed to expand this mission.
- Order credentials from the Guidance and Credential Panel and products from the Christian Leaders Store.
- Enroll at the College for the Degree program.
- Share this free training opportunity with new potential students. Help recruit a new generation of Christian Leaders!
Click Here to Donate and Help Support Christian Leaders Institute!
Our staff will be using this time to review your work. Your grade should appear on your "My Home Page" in the "Course Overview" section. Please contact Helpdesk if you have any questions or did not receive your grade.